ICE Drag Races 1-8-11 (Lake Fenton MI)

BUBS SRX

ICE Drag Races 1-8-11 (Lake Fenton MI)

Date: 2010-12-28, 9:26PM EST
Reply to: sale-9ubmt-2133671902@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

ICE Snowmobile Drags
Grudge matches starting at 8 am til dark.

Trail sled parking is available at the Lake Fenton public access off of Grove Park Rd.
Race sled parking is available at the Fenton Moose Lodge 2245 Sonora Dr.
Moose Lodge has granted use of their easement onto the lake.
Food and drinks will be available thru a member at lodge.
Christmas tree is setup at the North end of lake.
$10 allows you to use the light all day long.
660' track with lots of shutdown room.
Lay downs & turbos welcome.
Great day to test & tune.
Radar guns on location.
No readouts available.
For more info call
240-520-4879

Just like this ad someone is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...yeah, the temp needs to drop like a rock quick!!!

we were on a roll there for a minute, with steady well below freezing temps..but this warmup we have going on rifght now, ain`t looking good for that event..

that said..IF...it does get cold enough..and I`m POSITIVE the ice is safe...I`m there!!!!
would be running the 96 most likely..if the ole lady will let me..LOL

this is less then 15 miles from me, and literally about 1 mile from where I work...sometimes..LOL

The lakes over here have only frozen over in the last week or two. Some lakes I pass on the way to work still have open water. It was 48 degrees yesterday and there were people standing out on the ice, not on the edge, but out in the middle of the lakes, and the ice was covered with water from all of the melting. Crazy.

I've been going to Lake Fenton since I was a kid. My Aunt and Uncle had a place on the lake. I'd plan on going to the races, but with temps in the 40's for the next couple of days and getting colder next week, I don't know if it will be frozen enough for them by next weekend. Especially with a crowd of people and sleds on it.

Shark

This weather SUCKS! Major downpoor in Kzoo now with lightening/thunder on New Year's Eve day..........what's up with that??

If this was snow, we'd be burried!!

I hear ya...only a few days ago, I could have rode around my yard atleast, and never touched grass..now, I`d never touch snow...

Ice was 10+ here in Waterford ,Fentons just up the road im sure its good there too. I just saw this on Craigs list so idk anything about this

For what it`s worth...right now (10:30PM)..it`s currently 53F...and has been in the upper 40`s all day...
this has bound to have done some damage to the ice I`m thinking..plus it rained a bit, seams like that would make the ice melt even faster?

The water under the ice is insulated and cold,two days of this warm weather im not worried about it. Been in on all around lakes all my life when in doubt ask a local.
Happy New Year guys

It's supposed to cool off big time today and stay cooler the rest of the week...should help a bunch.

Happy New Year to all as well!! GO BLUE!

Well..it looks like my excuse for not having either sled ready, cause i knew the lake would`nt be froze is out the window..LOL

guess I better get moving quick!!

hope that dang chaincase seal comes in early next week!!

I wonder why the person that put up the add, posted this at the bottom??

"Just like this ad someone is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!" ??

At first I thought you added that BUBS, but I just looked up the actuall add on CL, and that`s part of the original...

odd???

Race cancelled "due to ice conditions" acording to the guy running it..heard from him VIA an email a minute ago..

kinda odd...a real good friend of mine lives right there at the lake, and said it looks good....

Back