porting

Mr. Speed

well guys I have seen lots of port jobs . but nothing even comes close to the job that jabber 800 did for my 800.wow you cant even tell that he was in my motor .the only way you can tell that he was there is to have a stock one beside you.then a person can see the difference in the porting.everything being close to stock on my machine besides motor and gas my son pulled 127mph in a 1000 feet on the gun .the motor dan has built me will pull high 130 to mid 140s with proper set up.wow .thanks for the awesome job on my motor dan, we will try to make you proud at our rador runs this feburuary ......willy:653:

Last edited:

Where are you running in Feb is it at Falcon lake ?

Last edited:
Willy what was your gearing and what was the engine reving at the 1000ft mark? are you on stock 33 mm carbs or are they bored?
That is a pretty good # first day out in that distance with a 90 Deg engine on a stock ignition system!!
Well done.

hey turch we will be running in kenora at the ksrr. feb. 15,16th .the track is shaved ice .you should give me a call and I will give you all the detailes...807 548 5269....willy

hi dan .ok craig said the motor was running rite at the 10.000 mark. our carbs are 35.5mm. our gearing is 24.35. the only problem we had was the belt snaped .it was like we had cut it with a sharp nife.and that was at a 1000.ft .next weekend we will try to go the hole 1320/..lol

That gearing combination should be right on the mark for your goal of mid to high 130's. I would double check a few things before running again. Re check your clutch offset and center to center! If they are ok and you snap another belt like you have you may need some extra engine support. Solid or stiffer motor mounts or some form of a torque arm. My first guess is engine offset is out a bit though!

hey turch we will be running in kenora at the ksrr. feb. 15,16th .the track is shaved ice .you should give me a call and I will give you all the detailes...807 548 5269....willy

Cool I will call you on the weekend.
G

Hey Jabber I will go through all that on the weekend or early next week. It could have been just because of an old belt but I will check my alignment.

Hey Jabber I will go through all that on the weekend or early next week. It could have been just because of an old belt but I will check my alignment.

Hey Dan I am using a 95 800 secondary - it has a hauk helix and it has a K stamped on it

Full Shift Belt Position

Hauck "K" is 45/41 and is plated this is a good choice for radar running. The plating will make this helix act like a 43/37? It will up shift good and hold the shift rpm with the finish angle.

When I have broken belts I always checked the shift position of the belt, if the belt is not allowed to go to the full shift position in the secondary clutch (due to C-C being off or helix not being back cut to allow this) the primary is pulling hard to achieve full shift but the secondary is mechanically stopping this and the force on the belt breaks it.

To check Full Shift Belt Position:
*Remove spring from primary clutch and reassemble cover then install belt and prepare to run engine without spring installed.
*With machine
on stand and with at least 5" of track to ground clearance, start engine and slowly increase rpm until
belt stops rising in drive pulley.
*It should only take about 1/4 throttle to make belt rise completely. With a stock Yamaha clutch, Ideal belt is down inside the primary about 1/16". You can visibly see belt position or use marker on pulley and see where belt rides.

If this is not achieved check, c-c, and that aftermarket helix stop is back cut and not binding. On Yamaha drivens you can add shim washers under button cover/helix to allow belt to rise in drive pulley.

Willy, or like you said "It may be just a old belt" and couldn't handle the horsepower.

thanks dan I will do that im working with to many dans ..lol....that fn motor you sold me would setel down in 400 or600 ft we would be able to do some 1320ft runs with it. thanks for the phone call.

Willie I wish you would have been around here today for the nbssr radar run. Your class was won with a 132 in 1320. I'm thinking you would have destroyed that number!

aw dan your killing me here. all I can say is yup.... lol. im hoping to get down there so we can put both your motor and v max 535s on your dyno then look out.

Sorry Willy I will be at the world series ice races on the 15, so good luck and giv em hell

I am running 24 35 for now that will probably change to 24 33 once I get more set up. on one machine we are using a stock 800 with a45 41 helix. the other machine is a stock cat with a60 50 helix.
hey turch that's to bad I was hoping we could meet up. o well maybe next year.

Back