Test and Tune Fast Freddy's

VMAX535

Vmax-4 Senior Member
My buddy Ian and I started working on my 96 last week. We pulled the Aaen pipes off and had them coated, changed carb jets, gearing. Installed a new digatron, sucked the 02 viper skid that I am running in my 96 down quite a bit.

As we know the V4 like to wheelie. We didn't have time to test it before we came. The first past Ian made was full power and the sled pulled up about a foot and went straight down the track without issue. We were releived and didn't play with at that day. We concentrated on getting the clutching right. After a few changes it was working strong.

Thanks to Josh, Jabber, Sean, Wolfman, Tony and Mark. With that many Vmax 4 experts around it was pretty simple to get the sled working good.

My driver Ian had a family commitment to go to in the evening and left by 3:00pm. Not wanting to give Josh an added chance to kick my 290lbs. ass, I recriuted Mark to pilot the mighty max. Mark did not disappoint as he whooped ass in every pass he made.

I don't have a cool down cart so time between passes was 1/2hr plus on this 80 degree day.

Driver E.T. MPH RPM
Ian 5.97 85.7 9100
Ian 5.81 86.6 8900
Ian 5.82 86.6 8900
Mark 5.78 87.3 8900
Mark 5.87 87.9 8900
Mark 5.81 86.9 8900

I have a few more tricks up my sleeve so I'll see "how low I can go" This is the second time Ian and raced a V4 first was last year at Simm's. We look forward to meeting more of you guy's later this fall at some other events.

The attched has a couple clips. Hard to see but will give you a taste of what we were doing.

http://[URL=View My Video

/Dan

good job Dan, you definately came more prepared than I did. The best I could muster up that day once I got it to lay down was a 5.83. Don't forget the timing system there is 2 tenths slower than cosdras. You and I have always been battling back and forth but I think when you make the changes to your machine I'll be staring at Ian's ass crack alot!!!!LOL

Dan great work videos are cool.. Let me know when you guys can muster up a track for us to test on. Already done some work on getting Shaun a bit quicker and will start working on a grass package for myself. I'll definately need some test time before fall.

Josh do you think the timers were that far out?? After a full day of testing I truly think there are good gains to be had by all of us yet!!! We all had some issues that slowed us down.

Last edited:
Jabber800 said:
Josh do you think the timers were that far out?? After a full day of testing I truly think there are good gains to be had by all of us yet!!! We all had some issues that slowed us down.

I was sure that is what the owner of the track had said last year. We definately all made gains by the end of the day, a test and tune session is just what we needed, NOW WE NEED ANOTHER ONE!

Thats a great vid guys...Now I'am errect..!!! lol I realy like when the 95 came way up and still beat the skippy Doo...

Some Pictures

A few pictures as well

Attachments

• FF-1.JPG
    FF-1.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 131
  • FF-3.JPG
    FF-3.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 130
  • FF-4.JPG
    FF-4.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 124
  • FF-5.JPG
    FF-5.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 127
  • FF-6.JPG
    FF-6.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 125
awesome video! great day of running , hard to beleive i was able to reel in that f-7 after taking a nap on that starting line haha

DAN AWSOME VIDEO!!! ALSO CONGRATS AGAIN ON A AWSOME SET-UP THAT DAY. YOU GUYS ALL RAN GREAT. GLAD MARK AND I WERE ABLE TO HELP. YOU HAVE REALLY DONE YOUR HOME WORK. !! 3:16 (yammie tony)

Vmax-SX said:
awesome video! great day of running , hard to beleive i was able to reel in that f-7 after taking a nap on that starting line haha
I HAVE TO TELL YA THIS WAS WORTH THE TRIP ALONE FOR ME. I HAPPENED TO KNOW THOSE GUYS VERY WELL WITH THOSE CATS BECAUSE THEY TOO ARE FROM WESTERN NY. MATTER OF FACT, THANK GOD ONE OF THEIR BIG MOUTH TEAM MEMEBERS WAS NOT THERE. !! 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
well the word is from my ski-doo counterparts that he is going to try to have one race at the end of each month!!!!!

jminor said:
well the word is from my ski-doo counterparts that he is going to try to have one race at the end of each month!!!!!
Is it near Beida's place...? Please give directions...

Back